During your third trimester many of the neurological pathways are being laid down in your unborn baby's brain. The production of the stress hormone cortisol can interrupt some of the normal neurological pathways being activated. This is one of the reasons its really important to keep stress and anxiety as low as possible during pregnancy.
Massage is a fantastic tool to help you to alleviate stress and anxiety - and it has the added benefit of making your partner a part of the pregnancy when your focus is on your baby and he or she may be feeling isolated.
In labour your partner can help you relax with massage, increasing your oxytocin levels. Research shows that being relaxed and happy can shorten the first stage of labour and reduce the likelihood of needing an epidural.
Why choose Due Date Pregnancy and Labour Massage Oil?
- GOLD Best Buy winner for pregnancy products in the Green Parent Natural Beauty Awards 2016
- SILVER Best Pregnancy Product in the Project Baby Awards 2016
- SILVER Best Pregnancy Product in the Gentle Parenting Awards 2016
The benefits of massage in pregnancy:
- Reduces anxieties
- Improves circulation and stimulates the removal of toxins
- Reduces muscular tension, discomfort and fatigue
- Improves sleep (8 in 10 women suffer with insomnia in pregnancy)
- Promotes bonding between you and your partner
- The essential oils in Due Date Pregnancy and Labour revitalise and refresh your body and mind
The benefits of massage in labour:
- Research shows the more relaxed you are, the shorter your first stage of labour cab be!
- It regulates your breathing, helping keep both you and your unborn baby calm
- It stimulates your body's natural pain killers - endorphins
- It reduces muscular tension, discomfort and fatigue
"These are the most amazing range of products. As a massage therapist and reflexologist I have been on a long journey in an attempt to find a blend of oils I am satisfied with. The journey has come to a happy end for maternity customers now I have discovered Jans motherlylove products. Not only do I recommend these to customers but to other therapists too." Claire Hall
Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) kernel oil, Adansonia Digitata (Baobab) seed oil, Aleurites Moluccana (Kukui) seed oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E acetate), Citrus Noblis (Mandarin orange) oil, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman chamomile) oil, Limonene*, Linalool*.
*Naturally found in essential oils.
All Motherly Love products formulated to be safe for mum and baby. They are free from:
- Mineral oils
- Synthetic fragrances and colours