Our Birth Essentials Birthing Ball is stronger than a standard gym ball - it is manufactured to using the highest quality materials to produce a ball that is safe and burst resistant (it is tested up to 300kg!).
The ball is latex-free and made with a homogenous material that is warmer to the touch and less slippery than standard PVC. It also prevents sudden loss of pressure if the ball is punctured, preventing injury.
It comes complete with a fast inflate hand pump, and leaflet with exercise positions.
Birth balls are a fantastic tool to use in pregnancy and labour:
- Use them as part of your low impact exercise routine to strengthen muscles for labour
- Alleviate backache during pregnancy, whether your relaxing in front of the TV or replacing an uncomfortable office chair!
- Use it to find comfortable positions in labour - whether sitting on the ball or leaning over it in an all fours position, being upright and active will help you labour more effectively.
- 55 cm - for anyone under 5'2 (155 cm) tall
- 65 cm - for anyone from 5'2 up to 5'8 (155 cm - 173 cm) tall
- 75 cm - for anyone 5'8 (173 cm) and taller